home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

health
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Are you a night owl or an early bird?  Actions...
Posted: by Chatelaine_Team on Fri. 15 Jun., 2012 at 11:43:02 AM
How many hours of sleep do you try and get? Do you feel rested upon rising?

Chatelaine_Team
   Reply  Top
early riser  Actions...
Posted: by Anne Hathaway on Fri. 15 Jun., 2012 at 1:17:24 PM
In reply to: Chatelaine_Team "Are you a night owl or an early bird?"

I am fortunate to be able to get 7.5 to 8 hrs a night and feel rested in the morning.   I have always been an early riser and cannot break the habit even on weekends.   How I would love to sleep in but my body resists it.  During the summer months it is nice to get out side early and enjoy a coffee when the rest of the neighborhood is still quiet.  

Anne Hathaway
   Reply  Top
I've always  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Fri. 15 Jun., 2012 at 1:48:05 PM
been an early to bed early riser, mornings are the best time of day. I'm in bed by 10pm most nights & awake by 6am Thanks to this phase of my life though sleep isn't always easy & I don't always feel rested. 
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
What there is daylight?  Actions...
Posted: by tigsw_tigsw on Fri. 15 Jun., 2012 at 3:17:03 PM

MUSKOKA IS THE NAME NOT THE MUSKOKAS

see facebook page 

If everyone walked on the right hand side when in a crowd you would not bump into each other.                               

█ ♥ █ C a n a d a

tigsw_tigsw
   Reply  Top
early early  Actions...
Posted: by _temp_ on Fri. 15 Jun., 2012 at 3:32:34 PM
I try to stay up to see Chelsea Lately at 11 but always fall asleep before it ends and it is only a 1/2 hr show lol

_temp_
   Reply  Top
night owl  Actions...
Posted: by flowerpot on Fri. 15 Jun., 2012 at 8:26:29 PM
  I generally go to bed about 11 and get 8 hours (if I go to sleep right away) Often, my brain goes into overdrive when I hit the pillow, and it takes me awhile to nod off.    If I have to get up before 7, I'm a grouch.  On the other hand, DH is an early riser and knows to just close the bedroom door as he heads to the kitchen.  After supper and dishes, that's when I get my second wind and want to do things

flowerpot
   Reply  Top
absolute early riser  Actions...
Posted: by alagator19 on Sat. 16 Jun., 2012 at 10:04:31 PM
In reply to: flowerpot "night owl"
If i get up at anytime after 9am- i feel like i have already wasted half of my day.  I think it stems from the fact that from monday to friday, by the time 9am hits i have already been up since 5:30 and have accomplished SO much work.  So on a weekend, sleeping through the morning feels like a complete waste of free time.  I know i need the extra sleep so its a bit of a blessing in disguise..

My name is Ally and i'm from Winnipeg.  I have my double Major in Theatre and History and am a new teacher. I love to travel and want to see the world more than anything.  To me, relaxation is a piano, a cup of timmys and a warm beagle.  I have been leafing through chatelaines since i was a wee one (especially the issues that have sugary goodies on the cover) but as an adult i find myself relating to much more than just the great recipes. 

alagator19
   Reply  Top
I am a nighthawk...  Actions...
Posted: by _mom_ on Mon. 18 Jun., 2012 at 12:43:39 AM
In reply to: alagator19 "absolute early riser"

here it is almost 1 a.m. and I have to work tomorrow!  I hate going to bed...and getting up early isn't one of my favourite things to do.  Although...I do think mornings are great....it's just that I can't bring myself to go to bed. 

On that note...I'm outta here...!!

_mom_
   Reply  Top
could stay up to the wee hours  Actions...
Posted: by Pookie3 on Mon. 18 Jun., 2012 at 5:34:17 PM
Now that I am retired I can adapt to my own biorhythms except when I have specific plans. I've worked shift work all my working life and have always preferred the afternoon or evening shifts.

I don't get tired until about 1 a.m but then I have trouble getting up before 7:30 a.m.  Sometimes I go to bed by 11:00 because DH wants company but I sneak the ipad in with me.  After he nods off I play on-line games in the dark with a GF who is also a night owl.  He has to leave for work by 6:30 a.m. so I tell him to have a good day and stay in bed for another hour or so.

Pookie3
   Reply  Top
Night owl  Actions...
Posted: by dreamer16 on Wed. 20 Jun., 2012 at 2:23:56 PM
I can stay up all night and never get tired, but ask me to get up early and it's a struggle, whether I go to bed early or not.  

I do love it when I do get up early since I love everything about the early morning hours, but it's the getting up that I hate and, then, the staying awake for the rest of the day if it's really early, such as 5 am.

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"  Dr. Seuss

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does."  (unknown)

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."  George S. Patton

The poster formerly known as Writer Mom (stolen from Prince)  

dreamer16
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »