home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

family
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Mom got her cast off!  Actions...
Posted: by Lexi on Wed. 27 Jun., 2012 at 8:29:47 PM
Mom finally got her wish today....her cast was removed. The Dr said they can only leave a cast on an elbow for four weeks, otherwise the elbow will start to seize up and the person will not be able to get mobility back.

We have to go next week to find out about physical therapy.

Because of mom's Alzheimer's I took a bunch of pictures of the cast being removed and one of her xrays and some of the elbow. They will come in handy when she can't remember what happened.

Mom has serious theft delusions, so dh and I are expecting her to call us and tell us that somebody stole the cast off her arm while she was sleeping. (this is where the pictures will come in handy).

Lexi

Lexi
   Reply  Top
Good thoughts to you, this is not an easy sitatuion  Actions...
Posted: by karen_g on Wed. 27 Jun., 2012 at 11:32:38 PM
In reply to: Lexi "Mom got her cast off!"
Good thinking about taking the photos - it might help, of course it might not.  Theft-delusions are unfortunately very common with Alzheimer's Disease patients.

karen_g
   Reply  Top
Good idea, Lexi  Actions...
Posted: by flowerpot on Thu. 28 Jun., 2012 at 10:17:28 AM
Taking the pictures was a smart idea.  I'm sure your mom will be way more comfortable with the cast off.  All the best to her, and you.

flowerpot
   Reply  Top
So sorry about your Mom  Actions...
Posted: by Tag on Thu. 28 Jun., 2012 at 2:05:15 PM
I hope she is successful in getting the use of her arm again. All the best to you Lexi. xo

Meandering To A Different Drummer

Tag
   Reply  Top
Such good news..  Actions...
Posted: by _mom_ on Fri. 29 Jun., 2012 at 11:41:20 AM
In reply to: Tag "So sorry about your Mom"
I'm sure she'll feel much better with it off.  Now comes the hard part, though.  Physio isn't fun, and she may not understand why people are trying to cause her pain by moving the arm further than where it wants to go.  I understood....and still didn't like it!!

_mom_
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »