home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

beauty & fashion
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
What did you wear to work today?  Actions...
Posted: by Chatelaine_Team on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 4:43:29 PM
What do you normally wear to work? Casual or office attire?

Chatelaine_Team
   Reply  Top
Both  Actions...
Posted: by MMV on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 5:02:42 PM
In reply to: Chatelaine_Team "What did you wear to work today?"
My workplace allows casual attire.  I don't often deal with the public, but on the days that I do I certainly wear office attire.

As for today, I wore a sleeveless shirt dress, wedge-heeled sandals and a summer-weight cardigan for the cold air-conditioned office.  

MMV
edited Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 @ 6:04:44 PM by MMV

Reply  Top
Summer vacation for me  Actions...
Posted: by Marsha on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 5:47:55 PM
So every day is casual day. I needed something today that would allow easy access to my knees (I wasn't knowing what to expect with a treatment I was having) so I wore some lululemon "capris" and a black sleeveless t-shirt.

Marsha
   Reply  Top
I miss dressing up a bit.  Actions...
Posted: by mdinbc on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 6:20:26 PM
In reply to: Marsha "Summer vacation for me"

I work in a very casual environment. Most people wear jeans, t-shirts, but I try to do cargos/cords and t-shirt with a decent sweater and flat shoes.

I miss skirts, blouses and heels though! I worked for a couple of years in a more formal office and enjoyed dressing every day.

mdinbc
   Reply  Top
I'm umemployed  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 6:35:09 PM
or as some people say 'retired', lol! My daily uniform is jeans or sweats with a t-shirt, sometimes runners, sometimes sandals. I'm glad that I don't have to get dressed up everyday & my dog doesn't care what I look like. 

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
business casual  Actions...
Posted: by _temp_ on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 8:41:46 PM
I always wear a jacket because it so cold

I had on some nice dark green cropped pants and a scarfe and a black jacket
over a short sleeved shirt

_temp_
   Reply  Top
my office allows flip flops!!??  Actions...
Posted: by Anne Hathaway on Tue. 24 Jul., 2012 at 10:14:13 AM
In reply to: _temp_ "business casual"
I am on vacation this week but I always choose business casual even though our office recently relaxed the dress code criteria.   I am a department head and just feel better looking professional.   My pet peeve in the office during the summer is the dreaded flip flop.   I can hear employees coming and going all day long and I find the footwear way to casual and unprofessional.   For some reason the HR department has not "outlawed" the beach wear even though they have received complaints.  

Anne Hathaway
   Reply  Top
...  Actions...
Posted: by Artemis on Tue. 24 Jul., 2012 at 12:30:53 PM

I work in a small office with a very casual environment. Today I'm wearing denim shorts with a casual summer cotton blouse. If I have a meeting with a client I'll "dress up" to business casual, but these days most of our client work is by phone or email.

I know what a previous poster means about "missing" dressing up, though. Most of the time I'm perfectly happy to stay casual, and of course there's nothing stopping me from ratching things up a notch ... but every once in a while I look at my skirts and dresses and even a couple of suits and miss wearing them more regularly.

Although I do not miss pantyhose! Not at all, ever.

I get my dressier clothes into use when I can, though -- I have season's tickets to a couple of theatre companies, on weekday nights, and I go straight from work. I know theatre is another place where the dress code has relaxed over the years, but I figure if I don't dress up for my theatre dates I'll never get to wear that stuff!

“I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down.”

Artemis
   Reply  Top
we have casual Fridays  Actions...
Posted: by nikki61 on Tue. 24 Jul., 2012 at 3:45:37 PM

& the rest of the week is dressy casual. 

I wore a top that has splashes of almost every colour with a fitted purple skirt to match the purple in the top & black ankle strap open toe shoes.  I like that I can mix & match my top with different skirts & pants.  I think I did well in the wardrobe dept today ;-)  Nikki

nikki61
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »