home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

general forum
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
OUCH!!  Actions...
Posted: by krissie on Tue. 31 Jul., 2012 at 3:03:37 PM
Was reading in Modern Wedding where people are doing wedding ring piercing on their finger. Well that's one sure way of never losing your wedding ring. Would you do it? Me.......noooooo wayyyy!

krissie
   Reply  Top
Nope, not for me.  Actions...
Posted: by Seriouslyconfused on Tue. 31 Jul., 2012 at 3:22:15 PM
In reply to: krissie "OUCH!!"
I have my ears pierced and that's enough.  My nephew however, had a celtic design tattoo'd on his wedding ring finger.  He is allergic to almost everything including some metals, so this was his answer to wanting to wear a wedding ring.  I thought it was a neat idea.

The retraction of ones statements cannot change the initial impact or intent of words once said.

~Jaded Queen~
Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Seriouslyconfused
   Reply  Top
Now that's a good idea,  Actions...
Posted: by krissie on Tue. 31 Jul., 2012 at 6:23:38 PM
In reply to: Seriouslyconfused "Nope, not for me."
especially for some guys who don't care to wear a wedding ring, or if they shouldn't because of their jobs.

krissie
   Reply  Top
agreed  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Tue. 31 Jul., 2012 at 6:30:25 PM
Ouch! 

It's not for me, I have a few piercings in my ears & have thought of getting a belly ring but my finger, no thanks!

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
No thanks!  Actions...
Posted: by catsknit on Tue. 31 Jul., 2012 at 7:33:02 PM

I would think this is one of the piercings that will 'wear out' as the skin grows but maybe I am wrong.  Hard to say without seeing a picture but either way I would not want it.

Love the idea of the tattooed wedding ring in the right circumstances though.

Rule Britannia!  Britannia Rules the Waves . . . . .

catsknit
   Reply  Top
gross  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Tue. 31 Jul., 2012 at 8:08:41 PM
I too like the idea of a tattoo if your lifestyle/work prohibits wearing a ring. I know a guy in the military who had to keep taking it on and off and lost so many he got a tattoo. 
This just creeps me out- what if it got caught on something?Shocked

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
Actually,  Actions...
Posted: by dreamer16 on Tue. 31 Jul., 2012 at 11:57:17 PM
In reply to: green_sleeves "gross"
to be honest, I kind of like the look of this.  It doesn't gross me out, any more than any other piercing (although I will admit that I have a bit of a 'phobic' thing towards nipple piercings, where I feel the same way about them as you do about this, and that is, the ripping out thing).

I can see how this would get caught easily.  I could never wear my engagement ring at work for that reason (it was prohibited), and the odd time that I forgot to take it off, I knew it immediately, because I'd feel it catch within the first half hour (so would immediately remove it).  In this case, it would be more complicated, but that ring could be removed, as long as it wasn't for too long, but they usually can be taken out for a shift once they heal.  And even if they can't, they can be covered with bandaids or other items to protect the area and other surfaces.  That's what my daughter had to do when she worked at Timmies and had fresh (exposed) piercings.  Not really the end of the world.  ;-)

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"  Dr. Seuss

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does."  (unknown)

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."  George S. Patton

The poster formerly known as Writer Mom (stolen from Prince)  

dreamer16
   Reply  Top
gross  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Thu. 2 Aug., 2012 at 9:54:01 PM
In reply to: green_sleeves "gross"
is right Sick.

I don't even wear my wedding rings anymore because I'm always damaging them, although a nice band would work for me. My BIL once caught his skull ring on a basketball hoop & had to head to emergency, back in his skateboard days. 

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
Not the best way to view a wedding, but...  Actions...
Posted: by dreamer16 on Tue. 31 Jul., 2012 at 11:49:39 PM
my first thought upon reading this was: what if the marriage doesn't work out?  What then?

Regardless, the answer for me would be no.

If I was going to get a tattoo, it'd likely be something different.  This doesn't appeal to me.  But if it does appeal to someone, then go for it.  I guess they could always add to it if the marriage didn't work out and make it something completely different.  ;-)

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"  Dr. Seuss

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does."  (unknown)

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."  George S. Patton

The poster formerly known as Writer Mom (stolen from Prince)  

dreamer16
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »