home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

sex & relationships
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Would you 'out' a cheater on a website?  Actions...
Posted: by Chatelaine_Team on Tue. 19 Jul., 2011 at 10:46:19 AM
What do you think about a website where you can search the profiles of past cheaters? Do you think they got what they deserved? Or do you think they are entitled to their privacy?

Chatelaine_Team
   Reply  Top
Yes,  Actions...
Posted: by ao_ on Tue. 19 Jul., 2011 at 11:37:19 AM
In reply to: Chatelaine_Team "Would you 'out' a cheater on a website?"

I guess I would be very tempted to “out” a cheater if I found out that she/he was running around having relationships without consideration to both safer sex and people’s feelings.

What do I think about it? There’s a quote;

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead. (Benjamin Franklin)

Cheaters should expect to be “out” eventually and know that is the risk they are taking when they cheat.  

I don’t think everything on those site is true though. I think anger, jealousy and/or  revenge would have motivated some people to post lies.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. - Elbert Hubbard

ao_
   Reply  Top
if it wasnt your partner that you were outing  Actions...
Posted: by jadeyy on Wed. 20 Jul., 2011 at 6:11:11 AM
In reply to: ao_ "Yes,"
why would anyone do this?  I wouldnt do it, even if it was my partner let alone anyone else

Mr. Harper really doesn’t appreciate people who disagree with him and he’ll be damned if he’ll help them spread their unwelcome views.

jadeyy
   Reply  Top
I'll ask  Actions...
Posted: by ao_ on Wed. 20 Jul., 2011 at 7:17:05 AM
In reply to: jadeyy "if it wasnt your partner that you were outing"

you the same question.

If you knew about a man like this, would you "out" him? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwQgJ4FdPo0

ao_
   Reply  Top
not jadeyy, but  Actions...
Posted: by yvonne on Wed. 20 Jul., 2011 at 11:07:40 AM
In reply to: ao_ "I'll ask"
After watching only about 1/5 of the video my first impulse was that I'd want to shoot him.
Ying and yang  

"While others may argue about whether the world ends with a whimper or a bang, I just want to make sure mine doesn't end with a whine."
B.Gordon

yvonne
   Reply  Top
"Outing" is  Actions...
Posted: by ao_ on Wed. 20 Jul., 2011 at 11:45:11 AM
In reply to: yvonne "not jadeyy, but"

legal while murder isn't. ;)

ao_
   Reply  Top
isn't it ok  Actions...
Posted: by yvonne on Wed. 20 Jul., 2011 at 5:57:04 PM
In reply to: ao_ ""Outing" is"
if you don't get caught? Angel !!!!!
Ying and yang  

"While others may argue about whether the world ends with a whimper or a bang, I just want to make sure mine doesn't end with a whine."
B.Gordon

yvonne
   Reply  Top
i havent changed my mind  Actions...
Posted: by jadeyy on Wed. 20 Jul., 2011 at 5:14:36 PM
In reply to: ao_ "I'll ask"
why would anyone post someones name on this site?  cheaters are low class, however so is that site

Mr. Harper really doesn’t appreciate people who disagree with him and he’ll be damned if he’ll help them spread their unwelcome views.

jadeyy
   Reply  Top
But  Actions...
Posted: by _Notme on Wed. 20 Jul., 2011 at 8:55:37 PM
In reply to: jadeyy "i havent changed my mind"
I've seen it admitted on this site that she was cheating on her DH.

When someone shows you the truth about themselves, believe them the first time --  Maya Angelou

I think there is a quiet strength and power in being nice. Some people think that abruptness and saying everything on your mind is strength. But sometimes, having the self-confidence to lift others is the true power.

_Notme
   Reply  Top
some do out themselves  Actions...
Posted: by yvonne on Thu. 21 Jul., 2011 at 6:38:36 PM
In reply to: _Notme "But"
once it's on the net..it's out there... and as much as you cry fowl you can't take it back...same for those sites..as some have said in this thread, they are also open for abuse and slander ..I can't see myself ever going to a site like that..wouldn't even know what they were and if they existed or not...and if someone was dating a new partner how on earth would they know about such a site and to  search for info? it's like finding a needle in a colossal haystack.  Then again as one poster used to claim, all men cheat..so no point to a site like this anyways if that is the case.
Ying and yang  

B.Gordon

yvonne
   Reply  Top
No, Because  Actions...
Posted: by Queen_B on Wed. 20 Jul., 2011 at 1:15:21 PM
I wouldn't even visit a website like that in the first place. What for?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours shine any brighter.

Queen_B
   Reply  Top
There's another side to that.................  Actions...
Posted: by Donna_still_ on Wed. 20 Jul., 2011 at 7:06:23 PM
That type of site rediculous, because ANYBODY can 'out' ANYBODY, even if that person is NOT a cheater! It seems easy for a rejected person to be made enough to put up a picture and profile of the person, and try to ruin them. I think it's irresponsible to have that type of thing available for anybody to abuse.

Donna_still_
   Reply  Top
I totally agree, Donna n/t  Actions...
Posted: by aquamaureen on Thu. 21 Jul., 2011 at 4:38:47 PM
In reply to: Donna_still_ "There's another side to that................."
n/t

aquamaureen
   Reply  Top
I've been tempted  Actions...
Posted: by vibrantgirl on Thu. 21 Jul., 2011 at 4:55:57 PM
but in the end, figured

1) I didn't want to be embroiled in legal action (I'm assuming the person could sue me for slander)
2) I wouldn't check those sites when dating someone new, so it's probably not effective in terms of warning future partners
3) because there are no controls on who can post, that makes the information highly unreliable, which people who are accustomed to lying can use to their benefit (although one site I looked at required people to swear a legal affidavit)  
4) one of the only things he cared about was maintaining was his reputation--if I took that away, he would have nothing to lose, and knowing he was capable of violence, that was another factor in not taking that action.  

It's just a sad reality that unless the damage is able to be pursued legally (as in the case of the HIV transmission, or physical abuse/stalking/harassment) it's really not going to do anything except keep the person mired in the past.  

vibrantgirl
edited Thu. 21 Jul., 2011 @ 5:04:11 PM by vibrantgirl
edited Fri. 22 Jul., 2011 @ 1:29:28 PM by vibrantgirl

Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »