home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

nutrition & diet
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
African mango  Actions...
Posted: by shutterbug on Thu. 29 Sep., 2011 at 10:43:50 AM

Hi!

Has anyone here heard of this or tried it? If so, does it work well? I've been thinking of trying it out, but like anything, I'm doing some due dilligence, and researching it thouroughly. Thought I'd pop in here for thoughts.

Thanks!
Shutterbug

shutterbug
   Reply  Top
Reply  Actions...
Posted: by Carol_cp on Thu. 29 Sep., 2011 at 4:37:32 PM
In reply to: shutterbug "African mango"
There is no such thing as a magic food or supplement that will help you loose weight.If there was,we would all be slim.

A good way is to keep a food diary for a week.You will be amazed at the empty calories that you consume.Do some research about eating a healthy,well-balanced diet.A good source is Leslie Beck.She's a Canadian nutrionist and her website is very helpful.

If you need something with structure,then by all means pay for something like Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig.

And most importantly,you need to start a regular exercise routine.Whatever fits your time and budget but you need to move.

Carol_cp
   Reply  Top
I am glad  Actions...
Posted: by MsGinny on Sun. 2 Oct., 2011 at 11:42:24 AM
In reply to: shutterbug "African mango"
You are doing some research on it before you try it.  Do a search for quackery weight loss and see what comes up. It may help you sort out truth from fiction.

MsGinny
   Reply  Top
African Mango  Actions...
Posted: by erika08 on Fri. 14 Oct., 2011 at 2:07:25 AM
In reply to: MsGinny "I am glad"
I haven't heard about that African Mango, it sounds so unique to me..And that's why I researched for it. I just found out that african mango extract have taken the weight loss industry by storm so many people who have discovered how effective it is not only for weight loss but also improve overall health.

Delicious Chicken Rice

erika08
   Reply  Top
sounds like a scam  Actions...
Posted: by linds123 on Sat. 15 Oct., 2011 at 2:35:34 PM
In reply to: erika08 "African Mango"
Yet, I just researched it and it came out as a scam!  I'd never heard of it before; in fact I thought the OP was talking about mangoes that come from Africa - we eat quite a lot of mangoes, love them frozen.  Mind you, I don't need to lose weight, but I feel badly for people who fall for those 'secrets' - check it out some more, and you'll see it's part of a long list of scams, the winners being those who sell this stuff to insecure people who, for some reason, haven't figured out how to eat properly and exercise in order to lose weight.

Why do you keep posting that advertisement for a restaurant?  I thought advertising was not allowed on the forum posts.

linds123
   Reply  Top
African Mango  Actions...
Posted: by jodevizes on Mon. 20 Feb., 2012 at 1:04:32 PM
In reply to: linds123 "sounds like a scam"

Yet another 'super food' that is going to make us all thin. The only pounds you loose are out of your purse, (dollars or euros as well).

You will loose weight if you burn more calaries than you eat, it is almost that simple. Reducing your insulin production will help as it is insulin that converts the carbs into fat and stores them in your cells. Reducing carbs and fats will help, keep your diet simple meat, fish fresh fruit and veggies. 

You could also try some form of hypnotherapy if you do not have self control. Mindmakeovers have a  good one, I gave up smoking with them but I am sure there are many others around.

jodevizes
   Reply  Top
me?  Actions...
Posted: by linds123 on Sun. 26 Feb., 2012 at 12:03:47 PM
In reply to: jodevizes "African Mango"
Did you mean to reply to me, or did you mean your post for shutterbug?  I don't need to lose (nor "loose", lol) weight.  I only checked it out of curiosity, and to help shutterbug, but seems she didn't come back to check the replies anyway.

linds123
   Reply  Top
I'm here!  Actions...
Posted: by shutterbug on Thu. 17 May., 2012 at 5:18:49 PM
In reply to: linds123 "me?"
Sorry, if I post in multiple forums, I can tend to lose track of my posts. But, I read the replies, and thanks to everyone for your thoughts! I'm not overweight, but have been developing abdominal chub for a few years now. I hate it! At this current time, I eat 1 solid meal a day (breakfast smoothie, lunch salad, protein/veggie/low carb supper). I've been doing that for about 3 months now, and have gained weight. I lost 4lbs after a cleanse, and actually was starting to look good. Then, I kept up the eating regime, and gained all of it back plus more. I also exercise at least an hour a day. Recently, I switched lunch and supper....solid meal for lunch; salad with protein for supper. If I snack, it's fruit and plain 0% fat yogurt. I'm not sure what else I can do beside further reduce calorie intake and up the exercise. I just feel hungry a good part of the time already.

shutterbug
   Reply  Top
sounds a little  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Thu. 17 May., 2012 at 6:37:31 PM
In reply to: shutterbug "I'm here!"
like you're at the phase of life where we all gain a little weight around our waist. I've been fighting it myself, not totally uncommon. 

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
I think so!  Actions...
Posted: by shutterbug on Wed. 23 May., 2012 at 6:57:46 PM
In reply to: Koda "sounds a little"
But I would like it to be reversed, or at least stop for the time being! I'm supposed to wear a bridesmaid dress in 4 months, and can barely fit into it (it fit in December though).

shutterbug
   Reply  Top
doesn't have to be common!  Actions...
Posted: by rusel on Tue. 29 May., 2012 at 9:54:10 AM
In reply to: shutterbug "I think so!"
Some people gain weight around their middle because they lose estrogen and therefore lose muscle and gain fat instead.  If you work out with weights, you'll get some muscle back, and as muscle is more efficient than fat, you'll use up those calories of fat around your waist.  Even just resting, muscle uses more calories, so pick up the weights, do strength training, planks and push ups, and you should get rid of that buldge around the middle!!

rusel
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »