home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

health
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Tight chest  Actions...
Posted: by shutterbug on Tue. 12 Jun., 2012 at 12:02:21 PM
I'm back to feeling lethargic in the mornings (i.e., not wanting to get out of bed), and am too pooped to pop. I haven't changed a lot on my diet; still on the health kick with a treat here and there. To boot, my heart has been racing and chest has been a bit tight. The only thing I've changed on the exercise front is bootcamp. I've also been quite stressed lately, and back to being angry about some family issues that I've been working at sorting out since earlier this year. I try to push it away when it starts to surface, but sometimes I'm not successful. Not sure why I'm posting; just not feeling healthy anymore, I guess.

shutterbug
   Reply  Top
that's not good  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Tue. 12 Jun., 2012 at 12:11:26 PM
In reply to: shutterbug "Tight chest"

do you have a friend you can talk to?  Have you tried walking somewhere green or yoga?  Stress is not healthy - I think you need to talk it out with someone.

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
Kind of  Actions...
Posted: by shutterbug on Tue. 12 Jun., 2012 at 12:23:20 PM
In reply to: a.doll "that's not good"
The one gal that I used to go to all the time (as she did to me), is getting married, and made it pretty clear a while ago that she's really not interested in what I'm working through. We're back on good terms now, but I won't talk to her about things anymore. And obviously, I can't go to my family. I do have a couple other girlfriends; one of whom also had and still has a few similar issues. I walk the dogs for an hour a day, although it's just in the residential area, not somewhere lush and green. I should try that though; might boost the non-angry levels in me. Plus, there would be many more sniffworthy and peeworthy places for the hounds to check out!

shutterbug
   Reply  Top
green space then  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Tue. 12 Jun., 2012 at 1:16:53 PM
In reply to: shutterbug "Kind of"
works for me.  I feel myself relaxing almost as soon as I start walking.  I hope you start feeling better soon.  Maybe you might want to mention that "tight chest" feeling to your doctor.

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
Did you tell the doctor about your racing heart  Actions...
Posted: by tigsw_tigsw on Tue. 12 Jun., 2012 at 3:07:23 PM
phone now.

MUSKOKA IS THE NAME NOT THE MUSKOKAS

see facebook page 

If everyone walked on the right hand side when in a crowd you would not bump into each other.                               

█ ♥ █ C a n a d a

tigsw_tigsw
   Reply  Top
Weather?  Actions...
Posted: by catsknit on Tue. 12 Jun., 2012 at 10:13:16 PM

Not sure where you are but the air quality has been BAD recently and anyone with asthma etc is noticing the breathing difficulties in my area. 

Others who are not diagnosed with asthma are commenting on the tightness in their chests so I think it is affecting more than the usual crowd.  Lack of ability to breathe properly may cause your heart to race (a bit?) to get oxygen around your body.  Do you notice that you breathe more easily when you are inside an air conditioned place (like work, library etc)?

I agree with another poster that a call to your doctor is the best thing, if you have one who will listen.   Would an aromatherapy massage help?  Hot rock massage?  Boost your B complex vitamins? 

Rule Britannia!  Britannia Rules the Waves . . . . .

catsknit
   Reply  Top
llll  Actions...
Posted: by sunny22 on Wed. 13 Jun., 2012 at 11:44:30 AM

I think you should see your Doctor, especially if you have never experienced these types of physical symptoms together before, better safe than sorry.

If they check you and then tell you it's due to stress then ask for professional help to learn new ways to deal with the re-occuring issues in your life.

Best wishes shutterbug, hope you are feeling better today.

sunny22
   Reply  Top
Exactly...  Actions...
Posted: by MMV on Thu. 14 Jun., 2012 at 9:20:51 PM
In reply to: sunny22 "llll"
the advice I would have given.

MMV
   Reply  Top
Feelng better  Actions...
Posted: by shutterbug on Fri. 15 Jun., 2012 at 6:03:53 PM
In reply to: sunny22 "llll"
Have managed to calm myself down and don't have the tightness anymore. I haven't talked to my doctor yet, and this isn't the first time it's happened; it occurs now and then in higher-stress situations.

shutterbug
   Reply  Top
My experience...  Actions...
Posted: by MMV on Fri. 15 Jun., 2012 at 9:07:35 PM
In reply to: shutterbug "Feelng better"
I just went through an extremely difficult year after my elderly father passed away.  He passed away following five years of constant health issues which had me in a perpetual state of worry and anxiety.  This greatly affected my emotional and physical well-being.  I couldn't sleep nor concentrate, I was exhausted all the time, my blood pressure was high, I had frequent headaches and I just wasn't myself.  Fast-forward a year later, and I have not felt this good in a long, long while.  I'm feeling like me again.  Stress affects people in all kinds of ways.  My doctor tested me for a whole gamut of things and everything was fine, as I suspected. Seeing my doctor put to rest my physical worries and allowed me to concentrate on my emotional well-being. So don't hesitate to consult your doctor if need be.  All the best to you.

MMV
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »