home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

health
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
My turn/update  Actions...
Posted: by Simply_Trying on Mon. 9 Jul., 2012 at 12:21:21 PM

Update. Dr said that everything looks good and that I don`t need to get another colonoscopy for another 5 years. I have a feeling the issues may be from food allergies and will adress this with family DR when I have my follow up apointment towards the end of the month.       The only after effects is the low blood pressure from the prep.  I normally tend to have low blood pressure and when I do the type of prep that involves a lot of fluid drinking my blood pressure deeps lower and it takes me a few days to bounce back. 

for Colonoscopy...I had my iniatial DR`s apointment on May 8th and back then they were scheduling for March of 2013 but the nurse informed me he wanted to do mine sooner so I was going on a different list.  I got my call last week and I`m scheduled for Wednesday afternoon.   

My prep is as follow...

Yesterday at 5pm , had to take 10mg of Dulcolax

Today, light Breakfast and Lunch and then liquid diet (including yellow and Orange Jell-O )
5 pm another round of Dulcolax

Tomorrow  clear fluids only.  Afternoon at least 24 oz of clear fluids
5pm - 40 mg of Dulcolax + 1 sachet of Pica Prep

Wednesday , 7AM , 1 sachet of Pica Prep and clear liquids until 10:15 AM.

I`m a milk in my coffee kinda gal and the milk is not part of the this prep Weeping , but this morning after realizing that I did need some caffeine (headache starting and very very very low tolerance of people around me including myself)  , I added a cup of coffee to my blender with some ice and a little maple syrup.  As an iced coffee it was not as bitter and I could down it Undecided but now the headache and sluggish feeling is at least gone.    I do not plan on doing much today and tomorrow .  Perfect time for grooming the eyebrows and shaving the legs...Now where did DH put the weed wacker ???Wink  Actually upon inspection , the legs are still smooth so lounging by the pool might be a better plan Thumb up

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

Simply_Trying
edited Fri. 13 Jul., 2012 @ 9:49:10 AM by Simply_Trying

Reply  Top
seriously  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Mon. 9 Jul., 2012 at 5:46:54 PM
In reply to: Simply_Trying "My turn/update"
lounge by the pool with a trashy novel! 

Good luck on Wednesday.

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
Definitely..  Actions...
Posted: by flowerpot on Mon. 9 Jul., 2012 at 7:30:56 PM
lounge by the pool with a trashy novel, lol

Good luck, ST!  I hope everything goes well for you.

flowerpot
   Reply  Top
Do I say  Actions...
Posted: by MsGinny on Mon. 9 Jul., 2012 at 10:22:25 PM

Have fun??? Grin Ugh, it's one of those things that the prep sounds worse than the procedure. I hope it goes easy for you. 

Good work on figuring out something with the caffine, those kinds of headaches are not fun.

MsGinny
   Reply  Top
Best of luck!  Actions...
Posted: by Dyzee_ on Tue. 10 Jul., 2012 at 8:35:23 AM
As the most recent colonoscopy "victim", I wish you luck. I'm glad you're not the using the same prep that I had to use - PegLyte. It was the most brutal one that I've ever had. None of them are fun but you've got to be clean.

As most people will tell you, the prep is worse than the actual procedure. And, then it's over!!!!!

Good luck to you.

Dyzee_
   Reply  Top
My SIL  Actions...
Posted: by Simply_Trying on Tue. 10 Jul., 2012 at 9:25:20 AM
In reply to: Dyzee_ "Best of luck!"

Had to do that pegL-yte and she had a hard time.  That`s why I questionned the prep during my initial apointment. She assured me that they don`t use this type of prep and I was "relieved" Wink .

Edited

Well it is now Wednesday morning and after being up until 2 am before things eased up enough to sleep, I had to be up just before 7am to make the last lovelly cup of Pico-Salax which needs to be followed by 1.5-2 Lt of fluids. Sick    I am so ready to get that sedative and get this over with . 

On another note, after stepping on the scale this morning I have a better understanding on why a vulnerable person might chose to explore the unhealthy use of laxatives while determined to lose weight.   

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

Simply_Trying
edited Wed. 11 Jul., 2012 @ 7:35:25 AM by Simply_Trying

Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »