home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

food & recipes
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
What's your most coveted farmers' market find?  Actions...
Posted: by Chatelaine_Team on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 5:10:20 PM
We've been enjoying artisanal breads, homemade tofu jerky and local honey. How about you?

Chatelaine_Team
   Reply  Top
it varies  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 6:38:40 PM
In reply to: Chatelaine_Team "What's your most coveted farmers' market find?"
I love finding home made soaps & fresh garden vegetables of course. I got a great bar of soap specially made for wash your dog, one of my better buys. 

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
Some really nice jams/preserves  Actions...
Posted: by Marsha on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 7:20:23 PM
port and cranberry - stuff like that - that is lovely to use as a topping for baked brie, etc.  And the local produce is always so nice to buy fresh.

Marsha
   Reply  Top
Depends on the market  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 7:59:38 PM

We have one nearby that is famous for its garlic and I will come home with lots of garlic.  This is something I have not had success growing myself.  The garlic scapes are amazing!

Another, later in the season is my favorite for finding pumpkins and all kinds of squash.  We do not usually grow squash as they need a vast, deer protected space to grow. 

I love the Farmer's Markets!

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
farmer's market  Actions...
Posted: by Mary... on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 8:01:13 PM

I love being able to buy fresh spray free local produce from some wonderful families!

I also like getting fudge at the market LOL, something I don't make at home, or should I say can't make well : )

Preserves that I don't make are great too. Got some apple butter not long ago.

Homemade soap I love too! Oh my, it's so nice, lasts a long time, the scent varities are amazing and I don't even have to use lotion they leave your skin looking so great.

Mary...
   Reply  Top
I love  Actions...
Posted: by Nanny G on Mon. 23 Jul., 2012 at 8:05:58 PM
In reply to: Mary... "farmer's market"

the fresh free range eggs from the Mennonites and also their green beans harvested early in that morning

Memories of my grandmother.

Nanny G
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »