home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

general forum
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 2 of 2   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Lovely  Actions...
Posted: by tigsw_tigsw on Sun. 3 Jun., 2012 at 1:36:06 PM
In reply to: MMV "Second time around"
that spells Happy...smiles

MUSKOKA IS THE NAME NOT THE MUSKOKAS

see facebook page 

If everyone walked on the right hand side when in a crowd you would not bump into each other.                               

█ ♥ █ C a n a d a

tigsw_tigsw
   Reply  Top
a smile...  Actions...
Posted: by MMV on Mon. 4 Jun., 2012 at 12:38:10 PM
In reply to: tigsw_tigsw "Lovely"

right back at you!  :)

MMV
   Reply  Top
Happy Anniversary!  Actions...
Posted: by flowerpot on Sun. 3 Jun., 2012 at 9:09:43 PM
In reply to: MMV "Second time around"
  Sounds like your wedding day was very special, just as you dreamed of.
Happy 1st anniversary, MMV!

flowerpot
   Reply  Top
I wrote to you earlier...  Actions...
Posted: by MMV on Mon. 4 Jun., 2012 at 5:25:04 PM
In reply to: flowerpot "Happy Anniversary!"
but I don't see my reply.  I wanted to thank you for your kind wishes. Much appreciated!!!

MMV
   Reply  Top
I typed it all up and it disappeared.  Actions...
Posted: by Tag on Sun. 3 Jun., 2012 at 12:54:32 PM
In reply to: Chatelaine_Team "How much money did you spend on your wedding?"
I'll give it another shot. Our's cost about $1000 in 1962. Hubs and I paid it all. We had 75 guests. No Children. We were married in our church at 9 in the evening. We shared the cost of the church flowers with another bride who married in the afternoon. ($25.) I wore my SIL's dress which I loved. Hubs got a new suit which I loved. Our only attendants were my best friend (matron of honour), my 4 yr old niece, Hubs best friend was best man and two ushers.
Our reception was held in my Aunt's recroom. I made a big mistake and I don't know why others didn't mention it. I had the chef from the Barracks serve a ham dinner. It was way too much food for that time of night and there really wasn't enough seating to be comfortable. The next time I will have finger food and rent a nice banquet room. We had an open bar and paid to have a professional bar tender.
We stayed in a city hotel the first night and then went to a cottage on Lake Erie. $25. wk.

Meandering To A Different Drummer

Tag
   Reply  Top
It was 46 years ago  Actions...
Posted: by Mary_in_TO on Mon. 4 Jun., 2012 at 9:55:58 AM
so my memory is sketchy, but we all had a good time! It was a church wedding, my mother made my dress which I designed based on a 1930 evening gown, the reception was at a restaurant and we had about 100 guests. and an open bar, the only thing I would have changed is having coloured photos of the event. At the time it was about $2.000.00 my mother had saved up for this event.

Mary_in_TO
   Reply  Top
...  Actions...
Posted: by dreamer16 on Mon. 4 Jun., 2012 at 2:46:33 PM
I paid for my own wedding, and it was done cheaply, but not that well.  I hadn't been to any weddings before, except for a garden wedding and one in a church basement, so I didn't have anything to compare to when it came to mine.  I was the first one of my friends and family to get married (in my age group).

I only had 50 guests and the dinner/reception was in a banquet hall.  The meal was just the standard sit down meal that they had back then at the cheaper level.  It was a free bar, and there was wine at each table.

If I had to do it over again, I'd cut the guest list to immediate family and close friends, and book a room in a really nice restaurant and have everyone choose what they want from the main menu.  I wouldn't worry about flowers, and all that extra stuff.  I'd just do candid photography.  And I'd concentrate more on the actual day than on the pomp and trying to keep everyone happy with how things are done.  

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"  Dr. Seuss

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does."  (unknown)

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."  George S. Patton

The poster formerly known as Writer Mom (stolen from Prince)  

dreamer16
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 2 of 2   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »