home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

beauty & fashion
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 2   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
breast lift  Actions...
Posted: by _temp_ on Thu. 28 Jun., 2012 at 7:07:55 AM
does anyone have any idea how much a breast lift costs and yes I have read the graphic details of what they do

that is what I want!

recently I lost quite a bit of weight and I think I was saggy from the get go lol and now at 61 I would love to just give my girls a lift and do not even care if they are big
I am a sagging D cup now but wow when I see women in those cute little tops and dresses with a small wrack I just wonder why would women want implants

_temp_
   Reply  Top
really?  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Thu. 28 Jun., 2012 at 11:01:01 AM
In reply to: _temp_ "breast lift"
there are so many great bra choices out there these days, wouldn't that be a lot easier?

Maybe some exercises with light weights can help, if you build the muscles underneath it could really make a difference. 

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
I have always exercised  Actions...
Posted: by _temp_ on Thu. 28 Jun., 2012 at 8:12:39 PM
In reply to: Koda "really?"
it was my last weight loss that really did it

_temp_
   Reply  Top
just saying  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Thu. 28 Jun., 2012 at 9:37:25 PM
In reply to: _temp_ "I have always exercised"
maybe if you target the specific area with some weights it might help, a personal trainer would come in handy for that. I don't really know what kind of exercise you do. 

If the surgery is what you really want, of course go for it. For me surgery would be a last resort, but I'm not in your position. 

Koda
   Reply  Top
still need to work out  Actions...
Posted: by sueabc on Tue. 3 Jul., 2012 at 11:36:42 PM
In reply to: _temp_ "I have always exercised"
My friend had it done a few years ago; she works out religiously to keep it 'up' - lots of weight work.  She uses a trainer, and bought weights to use at home, so that she can alternate between the gym and using weights at home.  She still looks great, but apparently they don't last long if you don't do the work with weights. 

Also agree with the bra suggestion; whether you get a lift or not, the right bra can make a huge difference.  Just like clothing, different makes have different sizes and look completely different on different people.  Good luck with your decision.  Have you talked to a surgeon?

sueabc
   Reply  Top
Go for it  Actions...
Posted: by Canandian_Content on Thu. 28 Jun., 2012 at 1:10:42 PM

I have no idea what the cost would be but it sounds like something that you really want.  I'm a DD myself and have said over the years that if I was going to have one bit of plastic surgery it would be a breast reduction so that I could wear strappy little tops, etc.  I'm small everywhere else (size 2) so always have to buy clothing for my breasts and then have things tailored for my waist and hips.

Let us know what you decide.

Canandian_Content
   Reply  Top
If it will make you happy  Actions...
Posted: by nikki61 on Thu. 28 Jun., 2012 at 3:24:16 PM

I say do it.  You only live once.  It's best to go for a consultation maybe with 3 different surgeons in your area & they will give you a price.

Try to get a referral or check online to see who is highly recommended in your area.  Also make sure they are board certified.

Best of luck, Nikki

nikki61
   Reply  Top
At your  Actions...
Posted: by JustZisGal on Fri. 29 Jun., 2012 at 7:55:55 PM
age I would look very carefully at the risks. There are a number of risks and some very serious ones. 

JustZisGal
   Reply  Top
would there be a  Actions...
Posted: by jadeyy on Sat. 30 Jun., 2012 at 4:12:58 AM
financial cost to this?  what about time off work..

Mr. Harper really doesn’t appreciate people who disagree with him and he’ll be damned if he’ll help them spread their unwelcome views.

jadeyy
   Reply  Top
cost was my original question  Actions...
Posted: by _temp_ on Sat. 30 Jun., 2012 at 10:33:41 AM
In reply to: jadeyy "would there be a"
I have a feeling it would be about $5000
and likely 3 weeks off work

_temp_
   Reply  Top
not to be disrespectful but given your age, and I think  Actions...
Posted: by jadeyy on Sat. 30 Jun., 2012 at 12:08:25 PM
In reply to: _temp_ "cost was my original question"
you recently started a new job, my advice is to invest in a good bra..

Mr. Harper really doesn’t appreciate people who disagree with him and he’ll be damned if he’ll help them spread their unwelcome views.

jadeyy
   Reply  Top
lll  Actions...
Posted: by sunny22 on Sun. 1 Jul., 2012 at 6:06:44 AM
In reply to: jadeyy "not to be disrespectful but given your age, and I think"

I must be missing something here,

where did the OP ask for your advice??

sunny22
   Reply  Top
obviously your post is directed  Actions...
Posted: by jadeyy on Sun. 1 Jul., 2012 at 6:46:11 AM
In reply to: sunny22 "lll"

to Koda as well as myself..

jadeyy
   Reply  Top
lol!!  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Sun. 1 Jul., 2012 at 9:49:18 AM
In reply to: jadeyy "obviously your post is directed"
As many have said here before, it's an open forum once you post. 

Of course, in all reality no one would know how much this surgery would cost. The only way to find that out would be to see a surgeon & get an estimate. I'm assuming a plastic surgeon would do this kind of surgery. 

Koda
   Reply  Top
I am tired of having to wear a good bra  Actions...
Posted: by _temp_ on Sun. 1 Jul., 2012 at 5:56:19 PM
In reply to: jadeyy "not to be disrespectful but given your age, and I think"
n/t

_temp_
   Reply  Top
I would think  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Sun. 1 Jul., 2012 at 6:46:46 PM
In reply to: _temp_ "I am tired of having to wear a good bra"
you'd still want to wear a good bra even after getting the surgery, might even be recommended?

Koda
edited Sun. 1 Jul., 2012 @ 6:48:49 PM by Koda

Reply  Top
never thought i would  Actions...
Posted: by jadeyy on Sun. 1 Jul., 2012 at 7:14:02 PM
In reply to: _temp_ "I am tired of having to wear a good bra"

hear any female  say that..

one  reason i said what I did, temp, is this elective surgery is a lot of money and there is obviously a recovery time.. which your supervisors may be reluctant to give a new employee..   but if thats what you want - good luck..

jadeyy
   Reply  Top
lllll  Actions...
Posted: by sunny22 on Sun. 1 Jul., 2012 at 6:09:37 AM
In reply to: _temp_ "cost was my original question"

I'm not sure about the cost but I think you are pretty close. You only need a week or two off work depending on how physical your job is, and how well you heal.

I checked one site and the before and after pics are amazing. They can do wonders these days with plastic surgery although the results will still be subject to the laws of gravity eventually.

sunny22
   Reply  Top
I say go for it!  Actions...
Posted: by Oreocookie on Tue. 3 Jul., 2012 at 4:35:09 PM

I have also lost weight and now have the saggy boob thing going on.  In a bra they look fine but naked, not so good.

As soon as I can afford it they are getting done as well as a tummy tuck.  Im almost 46 and figure I deserve it.  Apparently, the women in my family all could use a lift after child bearing and breast feeding.

Ive checked and I beleive the cost is between $3000 and $5000 in Ontario depending on the Dr and whether implants are used.

Oreocookie
   Reply  Top
I had a reduction.....at age 61  Actions...
Posted: by _mom_ on Tue. 3 Jul., 2012 at 10:02:52 PM
In reply to: Oreocookie "I say go for it!"

and was pleased with it.  But they only stay 'perky' for a while...gravity does take over and they become droopy with age....just smaller droops!!  After all, it is a reduction, not an augmentation.

It was paid for by OHIP due to the fact that it was giving me grooves in my shoulders and causing back pain.  I believe if you are not a big person, but have a D cup and suffer discomfort, OHIP will cover the cost.  At least that was the case back in 2005.

_mom_
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 2   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »