home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

home & garden
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Scottie`s Moonflowers  Actions...
Posted: by Simply_Trying on Thu. 24 May., 2012 at 10:10:32 AM

I sure hope these two little seedlings I manage to get , become strong plants in their new environment Cool

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

Simply_Trying
   Reply  Top
I had an accident  Actions...
Posted: by tigsw_tigsw on Thu. 24 May., 2012 at 12:51:08 PM
In reply to: Simply_Trying "Scottie`s Moonflowers"
I planted the seeds to start in a large decorative basked to transport the seedlings to the cottage where I planned to plant them. 
I caught the basket with the vacuum cord and everything dumped on the floor. My heart was in my mouth. I tried to sift through everything but there was nothing growing.
Sorry Mom.

MUSKOKA IS THE NAME NOT THE MUSKOKAS

see facebook page 

If everyone walked on the right hand side when in a crowd you would not bump into each other.                               

█ ♥ █ C a n a d a

tigsw_tigsw
   Reply  Top
Mine  Actions...
Posted: by wyliesharon on Thu. 24 May., 2012 at 2:09:40 PM
Here is mine on my balcony. They look different than yours??? I sure hope mine are the moonflowers. lol

wyliesharon
   Reply  Top
Wyliesharon...  Actions...
Posted: by _mom_ on Thu. 24 May., 2012 at 4:26:26 PM
In reply to: wyliesharon "Mine"

That's the black-eyed susan vine!    Good job...it's coming along, and will bloom before you know it!

Do you want more moonflower seeds?   And how about you Tigsw?

S_T....that's them!  They'll grow!

_mom_
   Reply  Top
Now  Actions...
Posted: by wyliesharon on Thu. 24 May., 2012 at 5:40:31 PM
In reply to: _mom_ "Wyliesharon..."
how the heck did that happen. I wondered because they seemed so much like a vine. I marked them and everything as the other ones in the peat pots did not grow. Darn. Is it not too late to plant them? If not I'd love a few more.

wyliesharon
   Reply  Top
I'll send you more!  Actions...
Posted: by _mom_ on Fri. 25 May., 2012 at 1:00:59 AM
In reply to: wyliesharon "Now"

they may not bloom for quite a while, but they sometimes self-seed if you keep them in a pot in a shed or garage. 

I have two others that requested them, and I was to send them today, but I've had some sort of food poisoning or 'flu for a few days, and didn't get out today.  So, they'll all go tomorrow. 

_mom_
   Reply  Top
Mom I never have luck growing from seeds  Actions...
Posted: by tigsw_tigsw on Thu. 24 May., 2012 at 9:47:12 PM
In reply to: _mom_ "Wyliesharon..."
I am hoping I can find some moonflowers at the market where I got them a few years ago. It seems I can only get results from things that are already started.

Should tell you a little story: my son started morning glories when we had the warm spell in March. He planted the seeds outside. The weather has been cold and his morning glories survived. Maybe I should give him some moonflowers.LOL His thumb seems greener than mine.

MUSKOKA IS THE NAME NOT THE MUSKOKAS

see facebook page 

If everyone walked on the right hand side when in a crowd you would not bump into each other.                               

█ ♥ █ C a n a d a

tigsw_tigsw
   Reply  Top
Flowerpot..  Actions...
Posted: by _mom_ on Fri. 25 May., 2012 at 1:02:26 AM
In reply to: tigsw_tigsw "Mom I never have luck growing from seeds"
I remember you mentioning about the morning glories...and they survived!  Way to go!

_mom_
   Reply  Top
Mine  Actions...
Posted: by flowerpot on Thu. 24 May., 2012 at 10:08:41 PM
My moonflowers were about that small and they froze.  I was heartbroken.  Don't worry though, mom, I have more seeds and will try again.  They got about an inch tall and then quit growing, I don't know why, but I won't give up.   The black eyed susan vine is doing a bit better, but they and the morning glories are so spindly, I think it's just too cold for them yet.

flowerpot
   Reply  Top
Try again!  Actions...
Posted: by _mom_ on Fri. 25 May., 2012 at 1:03:39 AM
In reply to: flowerpot "Mine"

Maybe now that it's getting warmer, you'll have better luck!

_mom_
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »