home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

pets
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
cat listless  Actions...
Posted: by Kelly_M on Sat. 30 Jun., 2012 at 7:36:19 PM
Our 2-year-old male cat is barely eating or drinking and is just lying around the house. He's barely used his litterbox -- not surprising when almost nothing is going in. It is very hot (no AC) and he usually loses all energy and eats less on hot days but not to this extent.

One week ago we took him to the vet for an inflamed gum and she put him on antibiotics. His gum is looking better. DH offered him a couple of treats which he ate. I wondered if the antibiotics are making his regular food taste off (I know that's happened when I've taken some meds).  

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Kelly_M
   Reply  Top
Gosh Kelly  Actions...
Posted: by Birdle on Sat. 30 Jun., 2012 at 8:15:38 PM
In reply to: Kelly_M "cat listless"
Don't know what's going on but I really think this little cat has to get to the vet immediately.  Not using the litter box is a really bad sign.  So sorry it's a long weekend for you but don't delay.

Birdle
   Reply  Top
update -- worst possible  Actions...
Posted: by Kelly_M on Tue. 3 Jul., 2012 at 8:53:10 AM
In reply to: Birdle "Gosh Kelly"
We spent much of the weekend at the vet where multiple interventions were unable to prevent the worst possible outcome. Our dear little man is gone. He was just 2 but his little heart turned out to have major problems and failed. At least we were there to comfort him at the end.

We are heartbroken and still cant believe it. He was an amazing cat -- so energetic, yet so gentle and affectionate with me and DH.We loved him dearly and will never forget him. Last evening we looked at the many photographs we have and laughed and cried over his many little ways.  

I know we have sympathy from anyone who reads this. Thank you.

Kelly_M
   Reply  Top
So sorry for your loss  Actions...
Posted: by Lexi on Tue. 3 Jul., 2012 at 10:28:49 AM
In reply to: Kelly_M "update -- worst possible"
I'm so sorry to hear that your boy didn't make it.  It's good that you could be with him at the end though. He sounds like he was a great cat and you have lots of good memories of him.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Lexi

Lexi
   Reply  Top
So sorry about your loss  Actions...
Posted: by Fanster on Wed. 4 Jul., 2012 at 2:24:36 PM

I'm so sorry about your cat.  You only had him for a short time, but think of all the pleasure he brought into your home.    My sympathies.

Fanster
   Reply  Top
Condolences  Actions...
Posted: by jessie111 on Fri. 6 Jul., 2012 at 6:09:53 PM
Such sad news about your little man, Kelly.  I can understand how you are feeling.  Losing one small cat can leave an awfully big hole in your heart. 

I had to take my beloved cat to the doctor for the last time a week ago.  She was almost 17 & it was the first time she had been there for anything other than a "well cat checkup/shots."  Like you, I was glad to stay with her until the end.

Savour the memories.  I am.

jessie111
   Reply  Top
So sorry  Actions...
Posted: by Birdle on Fri. 13 Jul., 2012 at 6:36:08 PM
My sympathies go out to you big time.  Who would have expected a heart problem but it sounded bad when you posted.  Big hugs, been there many times.

Birdle
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »