home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

pets
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
my cat doesn't shed  Actions...
Posted: by _temp_ on Sun. 12 Aug., 2012 at 11:24:57 AM
is that possible???

_temp_
   Reply  Top
don't know  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Sun. 12 Aug., 2012 at 11:52:36 AM
In reply to: _temp_ "my cat doesn't shed"
but I've never heard of non-shedding cats. My cat sheds everywhere, can't stand it. 

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
what kind of coat?  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Sun. 12 Aug., 2012 at 10:08:51 PM
In reply to: _temp_ "my cat doesn't shed"
some cats shed their winter fur but if she is an indoor cat she wouldn't grow one LOL. What colour is she and is there much that brushes out  when you are brushing her? 
She probably drops fur like we do with our hair- so few it isn't noticeable.
Some cats are like this, consider yourself lucky! Nothing like having a white or black cat on your lap while wearing the opposite colour.Grin
Maybe in her lineage she has a bit of one or two of these breeds of cat in her DNA.

Two cat breeds are often touted as shedding a minimal amount. The Cornish Rex cat has short, curly fur that lies close to its body. The Devon Rex is similar and has curly fur that can be in a very thin coat across the cat's body. Both of these cats may shed less noticeably due to their short, fine fur.

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
black short hair  Actions...
Posted: by _temp_ on Tue. 14 Aug., 2012 at 7:15:23 AM
In reply to: green_sleeves "what kind of coat?"
and I do see some hairs come off when I stroke her but when I pick her up there is nothing on me
omg she is such a sweet girl

_temp_
   Reply  Top
you are lucky!  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Tue. 14 Aug., 2012 at 4:04:56 PM
In reply to: _temp_ "black short hair"
Some cats are like this- they have no need to shed (or shed much) while others dump hair like 'pig pen' on Charlie Brown LOL.   
I had a tri-colour spayed indoor female that didn't shed much (and thank goodness for that because her belly & legs were white). Then we moved where she was able to have the freedom to be indoor/outdoor and I noticed her coat got thicker in the winter because she spent a lot of time outside then. Come Spring...........ewwweey. Sick

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »