home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

sex & relationships
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Reading emails/texts  Actions...
Posted: by Sarah__Chatelaine on Wed. 11 Jul., 2012 at 3:55:56 PM
Do you check in on your significant other's emails or texts? Do they peek at yours? Is that a violation or part of your relationship?

Sarah, Chatelaine

Sarah__Chatelaine
   Reply  Top
Never  Actions...
Posted: by MMV on Wed. 11 Jul., 2012 at 4:57:58 PM
In reply to: Sarah__Chatelaine "Reading emails/texts"
If my hubby wants to share a text or an email with me, which he very often does, I'm happy to read or listen.  And same goes for me.     

MMV
   Reply  Top
I'm with you  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Wed. 11 Jul., 2012 at 6:32:57 PM
In reply to: MMV "Never"
MMV, no need to snoop around here either. 
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
Not that I know of  Actions...
Posted: by itsmeagain on Thu. 12 Jul., 2012 at 9:59:20 PM

I don't read his and I don't think he reads mine, but nothing to hide there.

I think if I ever suspected anything I would just ask.

Please forgive the typos . . . spell check doesn't seem to work for me!

itsmeagain
   Reply  Top
sure- we both do  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Fri. 13 Jul., 2012 at 9:38:57 PM
I wouldn't say 'check' as in snooping/peeking as we are open books to each other and have no secrets. (unless it is a gift). 
My email opens right away when this thing is open so he can read whatever he likes and I check his email in case there is something important since he can go weeks without being on the computer.  I take care of a lot of his Facebook stuff since he doesn't care too much and would rather read a book. We share the same passwords- not much isn't known.
People who do this in fear that their SO is receiving inappropriate texts have a level of insecurity that broaches on the immature IMO. How would checking texts prevent one from acting on it if they really wanted to anyway? 
There is a saying 'you create what you fear' and if you act suspicious all the time checking and questioning every move your partner makes you will drive them away if you are constantly behaving like this.  
If a person steps out of the relationship for affairs that ceases to be my problem and one the other gets to live with. I am not a jealous person anyway and if my DH walked towards another then I suppose it would be time for him to leave if we couldn't work it out.  
But it would be his working on it more than I if the marriage was healthy (IMO a healthy marriage doesn't have mistrust). This is not on my radar in the least LOL. Grin

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
We know each other's  Actions...
Posted: by Seriouslyconfused on Sat. 14 Jul., 2012 at 8:34:22 AM
passwords, share computers and have free access to any e-mails.  However, just as I wouldn't go through his wallet and he wouldn't go through my purse or open up regular mail addressed to the other, we wouldn't go through each others e-mail. If there is something he wants me to read, he can point it out to me or tell me about it or on occasion he's forwarded something to me and I've done the same sending stuff to him.

The retraction of ones statements cannot change the initial impact or intent of words once said.

~Jaded Queen~
Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Seriouslyconfused
   Reply  Top
how else would I know what he's doing  Actions...
Posted: by Pookie3 on Tue. 17 Jul., 2012 at 11:52:42 AM
both our personal emails open on all our devices.  He is a musician and often forgets to tell me about gigs so I go through his email and record them on my calendar.  this has come in handy many a time as he has forgotten or missed a change or he can't remember what the "dress" is and has already deleted the email.

I did have a bit of an issue with him reading my emails and then not checking them "unread".  I was missing things because I was only reading what I thought were new emails.  I've been firm about this and told him I would password protect the account if he didn't start marking them unread.

I have not given him my work email password and have told him that it is out of bounds to non-employees.  I work in a field in which strict confidentiality must be maintained.  I on the other hand have complete access to his work email (family business) in case he wants me to check something or write an answer on his behalf.

If either person was up to something wouldn't they have a secret hotmail account?

Pookie3
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »