home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

sex & relationships
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Whether you're single or in a relationship, is sex an important part of your life?  Actions...
Posted: by Chatelaine_Team on Fri. 27 Jul., 2012 at 12:37:46 PM
Our blogger asks: Is there ever a 'normal' when it comes to sex? What do you think?

Chatelaine_Team
edited Fri. 27 Jul., 2012 @ 12:39:43 PM by Chatelaine_Team

Reply  Top
what is "normal"?  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Sat. 28 Jul., 2012 at 1:08:44 AM
In reply to: Chatelaine_Team "Whether you're single or in a relationship, is sex an important part of your life?"

I think whatever happens between two consenting adults is perfectly fine.  Who defines what is "normal" anyway?

To answer your question ~ yes!

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
~~~~~ As  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Sat. 28 Jul., 2012 at 9:34:50 AM
In reply to: a.doll "what is "normal"?"
Whoopi Goldberg says "Normal is just a cycle on a washing machine". 

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
No normal  Actions...
Posted: by rusty01 on Sat. 28 Jul., 2012 at 9:39:03 AM
In reply to: a.doll "what is "normal"?"
I think by questioning if there is a normal, the article is implying there is not.  The author of the article emphasizes that if you’re happy with how often you’re having sex, that’s all that matters.  No need to compare and therefore there is no normal. 

rusty01
edited Sat. 28 Jul., 2012 @ 9:43:10 AM by rusty01
edited Sat. 28 Jul., 2012 @ 9:43:58 AM by rusty01

Reply  Top
well in that case  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Sat. 28 Jul., 2012 at 9:43:46 AM
In reply to: rusty01 "No normal"

I'd better read the article! lol!

I thought perhaps it was normal in the context of what you're doing not how often you're doing it!  Wink

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
lol yes, I think you're supposed to read the article!  Actions...
Posted: by rusty01 on Sat. 28 Jul., 2012 at 9:46:37 AM
In reply to: a.doll "well in that case"
I find those posts from Chatelaine confusing too.  I think their posts are about the article,  and she does say "Is there ever a normal..?".  I wonder if the OP ever answers, or if it's just a way to make us read articles from Chatelaine....

rusty01
   Reply  Top
absolutely  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Sat. 28 Jul., 2012 at 9:48:38 AM
In reply to: rusty01 "lol yes, I think you're supposed to read the article!"

to get us to read the article!  The articles are okay but discussion here is far more entertaining (and informative).

a.doll
   Reply  Top
These particular questions are just a way for Chatelaine to get you to read their  Actions...
Posted: by KikiDEE on Sun. 29 Jul., 2012 at 9:50:15 AM
In reply to: Chatelaine_Team "Whether you're single or in a relationship, is sex an important part of your life?"
blogs. I for one refuse to.

Y=^..^=Y

Semper ubi sub ubi!

KikiDEE
   Reply  Top
I agree....  Actions...
Posted: by krissie on Sun. 29 Jul., 2012 at 7:09:20 PM
In reply to: KikiDEE "These particular questions are just a way for Chatelaine to get you to read their"
that's my 'new normal' now...don't read their blogs, lol.

krissie
   Reply  Top
Yes! But why not.  Actions...
Posted: by Tag on Tue. 31 Jul., 2012 at 2:47:11 PM
In reply to: KikiDEE "These particular questions are just a way for Chatelaine to get you to read their"
They are a magazine and need stories every month to compete. I don't mind them using us one bit. I think most of us here can bring insight to other Canadian Women. Well, that's what I think anyway. :)

Meandering To A Different Drummer

Tag
   Reply  Top
I'd Rather  Actions...
Posted: by Queen_B on Wed. 1 Aug., 2012 at 3:31:09 PM
use the time I'd spend reading blurgs having sex. Does that answer your question? Wink
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours shine any brighter.

Queen_B
   Reply  Top
"Like"  Actions...
Posted: by flowerpot on Mon. 6 Aug., 2012 at 1:16:42 PM
In reply to: Queen_B "I'd Rather"
I 100% agree with you Queen B!

I also like your avatar.  Very pretty costume.  And if that's you, or whoever it is, she looks like she is having a ball.

flowerpot
   Reply  Top
Thanks  Actions...
Posted: by Queen_B on Sun. 12 Aug., 2012 at 12:18:29 PM
In reply to: flowerpot ""Like""
Yes, that's me, performing my solo in a show we did downtown, and I had a blast.

Thanks.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours shine any brighter.

Queen_B
   Reply  Top
Intimacy  Actions...
Posted: by JoBeanJo on Mon. 13 Aug., 2012 at 8:10:22 PM
is more important to me. 

If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Paulo Coelho. 

JoBeanJo
   Reply  Top
yes  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Sun. 19 Aug., 2012 at 1:37:55 PM
In reply to: JoBeanJo "Intimacy"
intimacy is more important to me as well, without that there is no sex. 

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
I'm married for 6 years  Actions...
Posted: by melanieG on Tue. 14 Aug., 2012 at 11:16:13 PM
but sex is not part of the marriage at this time. With both of us on a number of medications, sex is not part of the equation. We have a wonderful loving marriage, jst without the sex.  We are both happy and in love and it is possible without sex. What works for us may not for others,  but we arre happy and content the ways things are. Perhaps if the health gets better, we'll see, but certainly not in the immediate future.So to answer the question "No".

melanieG
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »