home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

technology
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
PC Cleaner Pro (2)  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Sun. 15 Apr., 2012 at 5:33:25 PM

Has anyone heard of this program and is it any good?

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
Is this a free program?  Actions...
Posted: by Aggie on Sun. 15 Apr., 2012 at 6:26:38 PM
In reply to: a.doll "PC Cleaner Pro (2)"

If not free then I would suggest two good free programs.

CCleaner and glary.

Glary Utilities and CCleaner are good and free alternative

You can read and or download from here. Just save the download NOT run. then install manually to make sure you don't add any additional toolbars etc.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-pc-tune-up-utility.htm

Aggie
   Reply  Top
yes, it is a free program  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Sun. 15 Apr., 2012 at 6:31:46 PM
In reply to: Aggie "Is this a free program?"

I was just wondering if anyone else was also using it.  Thanks for the link!

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
Well if its free.....  Actions...
Posted: by Aggie on Sun. 15 Apr., 2012 at 6:42:43 PM
In reply to: a.doll "yes, it is a free program"

If its free then it would be very easy to download and use and if you don't like it then to uninstall it.

I could not find the free download site for this program. Can you post a link to it? Some of these programs will do a free scan but then ask you to buy the program to fix the problems.

I like and use CCleaner and Glary because they are so easy to use and totally free . I also use Superantispy and Malwarebytes for spyware and both are free.

You can check out Gizmos for the best in freeware.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/

Aggie
edited Sun. 15 Apr., 2012 @ 6:47:44 PM by Aggie

Reply  Top
it's not that good  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Sun. 15 Apr., 2012 at 8:24:48 PM
In reply to: a.doll "PC Cleaner Pro (2)"
and in fact can cause more harm than good if it downloaded mysteriously. 
I checked 'ask Yahoo' and the people who tried the 'free download' said after a scan this shows up and after reading this article from CNet....I wouldn't touch this program with some one elses compter:

"PC Cleaner Pro is a common rogue anti-spyware programs that generates fake scan reports that your system is infected and offers you to purchase a full licensed version which promises to remove these spyware and adware from your system. If you find your system to be infected with PC Cleaner Pro, we strongly recommend that you get rid of this dreaded rogue anti spyware immediately, because it will soon cripple your system performance besides spying upon your privacy and confidential data."

It isn't free,
it is free to download (as most all software programs are) then if you want it to work you need to pay. With all the wonderful and safe programs for cleaning crap mentioned here there are better alternatives (Aggie mentioned all the good ones).

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
Thanks Aggie and green_sleeves  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Mon. 16 Apr., 2012 at 9:15:48 AM
In reply to: green_sleeves "it's not that good"

I suspected as much! 

a.doll
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »