home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

technology
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
windows gadget allert?  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Thu. 19 Jul., 2012 at 4:37:53 PM
this warning came in my inbox today and not quite sure what to make of it- the only gadgets I have are the ones that were available on my new pc. I don't remember going to any site to download them so I presume the few I stuck on my desktop are safe.
Windows no longer hosts the gadget gallery due to them focusing on the new platform. Times are a changing too fast!Brood

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
Pure......  Actions...
Posted: by Aggie on Thu. 19 Jul., 2012 at 4:47:44 PM
In reply to: green_sleeves "windows gadget allert?"
Pure fear mongering to me. More chance of getting something ugly from music/movie downloads in my opinion and I have been downloading music/movies/ebooks for years..........

Aggie
   Reply  Top
thanks Aggie!  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Thu. 19 Jul., 2012 at 5:11:25 PM
In reply to: Aggie "Pure......"
I had a feeling it wasn't some major computer crashing issue but always nice to get another's point of view. Never understand what the payoff is to send this junk out. I bet many who got this email have deleted all their gadgets without checking the facts.  
It is time to un-subscribe to that site (although I don't recall signing up in the first place).Grin

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »