home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

technology
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Computer chair mat?  Actions...
Posted: by sue_43 on Thu. 19 Jul., 2012 at 6:30:08 PM
does anyone know where i can buy one of those hard plastic mats for under your chair?   
im sure staples or walmart has them..but i just dont want to "over-pay"....

sue_43
   Reply  Top
LOL  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Thu. 19 Jul., 2012 at 6:52:05 PM
In reply to: sue_43 "Computer chair mat?"
'over pay' at Walmart?  Yes, I have seen them at both stores (I am certain I've seen them at WM)...why not just call and ask the stores what their cost is?
 I don't know if this is going on top of hardwood, low or high pile carpet or size - here is a fast track to checking online at Staples 

Depending on flooring type a rubber backed area rug in whatever size/shape you like would work on hard floors.

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
...  Actions...
Posted: by Artemis on Thu. 19 Jul., 2012 at 6:56:48 PM
In reply to: green_sleeves "LOL"
re: area rug -- that works to protect your hardwood floors, but the reason I use a chair mat is to enable my rolling desk chair to roll properly. It will roll on carpet of course, but it's soooo much smoother with a smooth surface like a chair mat. Makes a big different in my workspace where I'm frequently going back and forth between the computer desk and the "paper" desk.

“I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down.”

Artemis
   Reply  Top
...  Actions...
Posted: by Artemis on Thu. 19 Jul., 2012 at 6:53:37 PM
In reply to: sue_43 "Computer chair mat?"

We got our last batch at Office Depot; they tend to price competitively with Staples and vice versa.

But on a hunch I just searched Ikea and yes indeed they have them there too (but they call it "floor protector" as opposed to "chair mat"). Plus you get to call it a "Kolon" Laugh. Cheapter than the same size at Office Depot, but of course that's not good if you don't have an Ikea near you.

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing Walmart would have, but I could be wrong about that.

“I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down.”

Artemis
   Reply  Top
ty...  Actions...
Posted: by sue_43 on Thu. 19 Jul., 2012 at 10:48:40 PM
In reply to: Artemis "..."
thanks for the replys..hubby just saw one at JYSK for $35-...i thought that was  a bit high. I  will check out staples.

sue_43
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »