home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

technology
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Facebook question  Actions...
Posted: by BSP on Thu. 26 Jul., 2012 at 2:44:52 PM
Whenever I open the e-mail account that i have listed on Facebook, it is filled with all the messages I have received on FB.  I used to be able to make a choice to have it not do that.  Since their last changes I can't find anywhere to make the change.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks!

BSP
   Reply  Top
here you go  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Thu. 26 Jul., 2012 at 3:22:41 PM
In reply to: BSP "Facebook question"
this is from the Facebook help center so I don't have to type it out:

You can control what email notifications Facebook sends to you from your Notifications Settings.
  1. Click the account menu  at the top right of any Facebook page and choose Account Settings.
  2. From the left column menu, click Notifications.
  3. In the Recent Notifications section at the top half of the page, you can click the  next to specific notifications you've received to disable each notification type. Or, you can scroll down to the All Notifications section and use the Edit links to set your preferences.
If the notification is from an app, you can block the app on Facebook. To block an application, navigate to the application’s about page. At the lower left column of the page, click Block App. Learn about controls for apps notifications.
Was this answer helpful?
If you have an account, check your notification settings. Click Edit next to the notification types you want to receive and make sure the appropriate boxe...

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
Thank you!  Actions...
Posted: by BSP on Thu. 26 Jul., 2012 at 7:47:28 PM
In reply to: green_sleeves "here you go"
I didn't even notice the bar on the left hand side.  I have cancelled all of the FB notifications, so I will see what happens now.  There might be more that I need to cancel.  Thanks again!

BSP
   Reply  Top
test  Actions...
Posted: by BSP on Thu. 26 Jul., 2012 at 11:07:54 PM
In reply to: BSP "Thank you!"
Test

BSP
   Reply  Top
Still getting  Actions...
Posted: by BSP on Thu. 2 Aug., 2012 at 10:15:19 AM
In reply to: BSP "Facebook question"
Still getting some messages from groups, even tho I edited the notification area for groups.  Oh well, its better than "every single message" I get through facebook being sent to my e-mail address.  I really don't see the point in e-mailing you notifications when you get the notifications right on FB!!

BSP
   Reply  Top
hmmm  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Thu. 2 Aug., 2012 at 2:08:47 PM
In reply to: BSP "Still getting"
did you click (in privacy settings) the email notifications for groups? If doing so and you still get the odd invite for groups (but this should cease and detest them) mark each incoming email for groups to spam. Go to these groups with the link in the email and 'leave group' so you don't get invited again.

Changes the name of one of your groups
Makes you group admin
Asks to join a group you admin
Adds you to a group
Approves your request to join a group
Changes the privacy setting of one of your groups

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
Thanks ...  Actions...
Posted: by BSP on Thu. 9 Aug., 2012 at 8:45:30 PM
In reply to: green_sleeves "hmmm"
hopefully I got it this time!!!

BSP
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »