home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

butt out!
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Forum needed  Actions...
Posted: by Diane on Mon. 13 Aug., 2012 at 8:49:42 PM
I am really sad to see that this forum is inactive.  It was very helpful for me to come here 11 years ago and I urge you to start posting again.  Thanks  Diane

Diane
   Reply  Top
I agree  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Tue. 14 Aug., 2012 at 3:51:25 PM
In reply to: Diane "Forum needed"

I told my sister-in-law about this forum and I hope she does take a look.

Hopefully others will see your post!

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
Perhaps it will become active when...  Actions...
Posted: by TheCoho on Mon. 20 Aug., 2012 at 3:23:49 PM

somebody shows up here who wants to quit smoking.

At the moment there doesn't appear to be anybody.

Congratulations to you for staying smoke free for so long! I'm just about at the one year mark. Sometimes I can't remember that I smoked!!

I used a different forum when I quit on a website which was entirely devoted to quitting smoking. There was 24/7 activity and that, IMO, is what most smokers need if they are serious about quitting the habit and getting through the first week.

Coho salmon are prized for their excellent fighting abilities and acrobatics

TheCoho
   Reply  Top
can you post a link  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Tue. 21 Aug., 2012 at 2:58:25 PM
In reply to: TheCoho "Perhaps it will become active when..."

to the forum you found supportive while you were quitting?

I would like to share it with someone.

Thanks.

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
It was one of the about.com...  Actions...
Posted: by TheCoho on Tue. 21 Aug., 2012 at 7:15:01 PM
In reply to: a.doll "can you post a link"

forums. Smoking Cessation. If you google that you will find the forum.

Remember though, the person you are sharing it with has to want to stop and want to be on that forum. I had already quit when I found it....about Day 3.

TheCoho
   Reply  Top
thank you Coho n/t  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Tue. 21 Aug., 2012 at 8:26:20 PM
In reply to: TheCoho "It was one of the about.com..."
n/t

a.doll
   Reply  Top
Inactivity  Actions...
Posted: by eggy on Wed. 28 Nov., 2012 at 5:43:24 PM

Diane,

I know that you were one of the members who kept me coming back here when I quit 10 years ago this coming January! Thanks So Much!

Saddened too that this place is so quiet. I know there are still many people out there in need of assistance to become Smoke Free.

Do you know if it's acceptable to promote this forum on social networking sites like Facebook?

eggy
   Reply  Top
Maybe everybody here has quit smoking or...  Actions...
Posted: by TheCoho on Wed. 28 Nov., 2012 at 7:26:37 PM
In reply to: eggy "Inactivity"

they go to more active quit smoking boards.

I don't think there's a problem if you place a link back to this forum somewhere else. I link to other websites all the time on FB.

TheCoho
   Reply  Top
testing  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Sun. 9 Dec., 2012 at 12:48:22 AM
In reply to: TheCoho "Maybe everybody here has quit smoking or..."
(because of traffic there is less chance of bugging posters).

Hot Crab Pinwheels Recipe

Hot Crab Pinwheels RecipeHot Crab Pinwheels Recipe photo by Taste of HomeRating 5

"I got the recipe for these crabmeat bites from a friend. What amazed me most is that my husband, who hates seafood, couldn't stop eating them," shares Kitti Boesel of Woodbridge, Virginia.

This recipe is:

Quick

Diabetic Friendly

Hot Crab Pinwheels Recipe
  • Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
  • Yield: 12 Servings

Ingredients

• 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
  • 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
  • 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
  • 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)

Directions

• In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the crab, red pepper, cheese, onions, parsley and cayenne. Spread 1/3 cupful over one side of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  • Cut and discard ends of roll-ups. Cut each into six slices. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.

Nutritional Facts3 appetizers equals 123 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.

Originally published as Hot Crab Pinwheels in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p19

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
test 2  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Sun. 9 Dec., 2012 at 12:49:54 AM
In reply to: green_sleeves "testing"
this is using google chrome....and everything I see is in line with my avatar even with the inclusion of more information at the right.. 

Cranberry Feta Pinwheels Recipe

Cranberry Feta Pinwheels RecipeCranberry Feta Pinwheels Recipe photo by Taste of HomeRating 5

These pretty pinwheels will disappear so fast, it will make you head spin! "The dried cranberries and chopped green onions make these perfect for a Christmas buffet," suggests Joyce Benninger from Owen Sound, Ontario

This recipe is:

Quick

Diabetic Friendly

Cranberry Feta Pinwheels Recipe
  • Prep: 20 min. + chilling
  • Yield: 13 Servings

Ingredients

• 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
  • 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)

Directions

• In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, feta cheese and onions. Stir in cranberries. Spread about 1/2 cup mixture over each tortilla and roll up tightly. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut each roll-up into 10 slices. Yield: 40 appetizers.

Nutritional Analysis:One serving (two pinwheels prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 97 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
edited Sun. 9 Dec., 2012 @ 12:56:45 AM by green_sleeves

Reply  Top
To Eggy  Actions...
Posted: by Diane on Sun. 16 Dec., 2012 at 5:53:32 PM

Thanks Eggy. 

Since I quit I have had lung cancer.  Had surgery for it at the end of 2010.  That is why I am so sorry this forum is so inactive.

I see no reason why this you couldn't link this forum from you FB account.  Take care,  Diane

Diane
   Reply  Top
Forum  Actions...
Posted: by Diane on Sun. 16 Dec., 2012 at 6:11:09 PM
Thanks Eggy I am glad I was a bit of help. Since I quit, I got lung cancer and has surgery for it at the end of 2010. This is why I am so sorry this forum isn't active. Please take care,  Diane

Diane
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »