home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

entertainment
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
New shows coming up  Actions...
Posted: by MsGinny on Sat. 2 Jun., 2012 at 12:24:05 PM

Well, not new per se, but a new season.

Master Chef is starting up again on Tuesday. I like this one, Ramsey is a bit kinder and gentler (for him)

Hell's Kitchen is starting again on Monday. A new group of chefs to abuse.

Secret Millionaire is starting on Sunday. This is a feel good kind of show.

Is anyone else going to be watching?

MsGinny
   Reply  Top
I will watch Master Chef  Actions...
Posted: by Donna_still_ on Sat. 2 Jun., 2012 at 2:26:49 PM
In reply to: MsGinny "New shows coming up"
I really enjoyed it last season.... is it the same 3 chef/judges? That Joe is the son of the Italian female chef on PBS Lidia.... he seems so cold on the Master Chef show, but when I saw him on his mom's show, he was so warm and personable. I found this to be a much more informative and fun competition than Hell's, though I do admit to tuning in to Hell's occasionally to watch the carnage!

Donna_still_
   Reply  Top
I'm only familiar with  Actions...
Posted: by asimc on Sat. 2 Jun., 2012 at 4:08:35 PM
In reply to: Donna_still_ "I will watch Master Chef"
Hell's Kitchen and the ranting, raving, and swearing turned me off right away.  I wish they would air more civilized (or close to it) shows instead of the same old rehashed stuff.

asimc
   Reply  Top
Thanks  Actions...
Posted: by Mary... on Sun. 3 Jun., 2012 at 6:45:08 AM

Thanks for mentioning those shows!

I love Master Chef and will tune in to that for sure. I like Gordon Ramsay in that show, he's kinder and quite supportive.

I'll have to check out Secret Millionaire too, I just love feel good shows!

Mary...
   Reply  Top
I don't watch any of them but can't help being curious...  Actions...
Posted: by Marsha on Sun. 3 Jun., 2012 at 7:13:41 AM
it seems that fewer and fewer "real" shows (along the lines of "House", just to use an example) are being made because by contrast, "reality tv" is so much cheaper to bring to air. I wonder if the days of "reality tv" will wane at some point and what will replace this trend (in the way there were "westerns" then "hospital dramas" and then "cop shows", etc.).  I just wonder what will be "next".

Marsha
   Reply  Top
I shudder to think...  Actions...
Posted: by MsGinny on Sun. 3 Jun., 2012 at 8:30:59 AM
In reply to: Marsha "I don't watch any of them but can't help being curious..."

...of what they may dream up. Let's see, aligators and swamps are covered... as is ducks... tow trucks... repo...any city of "real" housewives... kids and pagents... kids wrapped in bubble wrap...cooking shows of all description... weddings from dress to dinner to vacation to gypsies.... love in the wild... debt shows, princess shows... not to mention Kim, Kloe, and whoever.  ER has been done and done,  judging shows are over done... you never know if Big Brother is watching you, or you could be in a Glass House.. you could get your restaurant renovated.... or get your house out of hoarding....or live life on the Jersy Shore...

What about traffic cops?? There's a new idea.

MsGinny
   Reply  Top
Watched Secret Millionnaire last night!  Actions...
Posted: by Mary... on Mon. 4 Jun., 2012 at 8:49:01 AM
Loved it! First time watching it. It's a great show. Thanks for mentioning it MsGinny!

Mary...
   Reply  Top
Years and Years and Years ago  Actions...
Posted: by tigsw_tigsw on Mon. 4 Jun., 2012 at 10:53:28 AM
In reply to: Mary... "Watched Secret Millionnaire last night!"
there was a show where a man gave away a million dollars...maybe even the 60s...that would be a lot of money today...it was a real show too.

I saw a repeat of the sm ..a woman and she gave away $100,000 in total not a full million like the other show.
interesting

Poster gave us a conversion chart of money value...$1,000,000 in 1960 today would be worth $7,773,141.89

MUSKOKA IS THE NAME NOT THE MUSKOKAS

see facebook page 

If everyone walked on the right hand side when in a crowd you would not bump into each other.                               

█ ♥ █ C a n a d a

tigsw_tigsw
edited Mon. 4 Jun., 2012 @ 10:58:01 AM by tigsw_tigsw

Reply  Top
It is a feel good show  Actions...
Posted: by MsGinny on Mon. 4 Jun., 2012 at 11:34:55 AM
In reply to: Mary... "Watched Secret Millionnaire last night!"

The millionaires and in this case the daughter really got their eyes opened to what is going on, how some people have to live and a good per centage through rough circumstance. These small charities and local organizations often don't get the funding the big ones do, so this money goes a long, long way to help them. It also raises awarness, so I do hope that others living in that city contribute after they see the show.

I don't always agree with the money split they give, I'd do it differntly sometimes. I am glad he gave that one young guy, the glass maker, some money. As he said $2,500 is a lot of money for me.

MsGinny
   Reply  Top
What is your avatar?  Actions...
Posted: by tigsw_tigsw on Mon. 4 Jun., 2012 at 1:13:06 PM
In reply to: MsGinny "It is a feel good show"

see facebook page 

If everyone walked on the right hand side when in a crowd you would not bump into each other.                               

█ ♥ █ C a n a d a

tigsw_tigsw
   Reply  Top
That is  Actions...
Posted: by MsGinny on Mon. 4 Jun., 2012 at 3:38:17 PM
In reply to: tigsw_tigsw "What is your avatar?"

An out of business Coffee shop in Brunswick, Maine. Called Udder Place Coffee. It was a drive through. I loved the sign, but the cow in the coffee cup on top was hilarious.

MsGinny
   Reply  Top
I was thinking it was  Actions...
Posted: by tigsw_tigsw on Tue. 5 Jun., 2012 at 1:13:01 AM
In reply to: MsGinny "That is"
Borden's Daisy the cow...old old LOL

see facebook page 

█ ♥ █ C a n a d a

tigsw_tigsw
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »