home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

entertainment
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Something I must have missed on Corrie - can anyone fill me in?  Actions...
Posted: by Marsha on Wed. 1 Aug., 2012 at 8:28:57 AM
Last week, I saw Simon in hospital; I saw Leanne and Peter fighting over him, with the child welfare worker there to see it all (including Peter wrongly blaming Leanne for contacting the authorities).  I saw Simon back home at the flat, wanting to see "his mum" but Peter and Carla explaining that he would be seeing her but as he's just home from hospital, he has to take it easy.  Next thing I knew, Leanne suddenly had custody of Simon. Did I sleep through the part where they reached an agreement or where Simon was handed over to Leanne?  And why do those 2 so called "adults" seem to think that it's all or nothing re contact with Simon...when Peter had him, he wasn't allowed to see Leanne; now that Leanne has him, even though she said "okay" to the burger with his dad, she then changed her mind and won't let Simon see his dad....and her excuse? Wanting some routine for him?  Cripes, that child hasn't had any routine ever, even when Peter and Leanne were together (he was still always being handed off to Ken and Deirdre...).  And if routine and a settled life is what she wants for him, as she keeps telling anyone who questions her actions and motives, then I have to say, I can REALLY and TRULY see how having a new love interest in her life and totally jumping in at the deep end with him is going to aid in that goal.  Yeah....a new "daddy" or "uncle" who can be the focus of Leanne's energies should really help that child.  Leanne should be smart enough and concerned enough about Simon right now to question her own motives of feeling envy when she sees Carla and Peter being all romantic and just wanting to have someone to love her....not a good enough reason to hook up with Nick just now...not fair to herself, not fair at all to Nick (she doesn't really love him) and certainly not fair to Simon.  And I truly also wish she'd stop making Carla the villain in all of this - it's Carla who has been trying to get Peter to be more reasonable regarding Simon spending time with Leanne.

Marsha
   Reply  Top
You can catch up here Marsh........  Actions...
Posted: by naughtygirl on Wed. 1 Aug., 2012 at 11:12:59 AM
In reply to: Marsha "Something I must have missed on Corrie - can anyone fill me in?"

http://www.cbc.ca/coronation/episodes.html

Cheers,Viv.BritFlag

God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.

naughtygirl
   Reply  Top
Thanks, but I don't really want to watch through the episodes  Actions...
Posted: by Marsha on Wed. 1 Aug., 2012 at 12:50:13 PM
In reply to: naughtygirl "You can catch up here Marsh........"
I've seen them all and must have just missed a few minutes - not even sure which episode it would have been - where Peter finally said Simon could now live with Leanne.  I just wanted to know what happened.

Marsha
   Reply  Top
I posted it for the benefit of others too......  Actions...
Posted: by naughtygirl on Wed. 1 Aug., 2012 at 1:09:51 PM
In reply to: Marsha "Thanks, but I don't really want to watch through the episodes"
Personally, I stopped watching it a few years ago, ever since they started (imo) "sexing it up" and "dumbing it down" for the "attention span challenged".

God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.

naughtygirl
   Reply  Top
Peter seeing how much Simon missed Leanne  Actions...
Posted: by Mary_in_TO on Wed. 1 Aug., 2012 at 11:48:34 AM
In reply to: Marsha "Something I must have missed on Corrie - can anyone fill me in?"
That he ended up hi the hospital decided to let Leanne have him, I thought that would end this childish feud between them! Now this development with Nick is just too much it's going to get boring, it is summertime the writers are thinking about vacation not storyline.

Mary_in_TO
   Reply  Top
Thanks, Mary....  Actions...
Posted: by Marsha on Wed. 1 Aug., 2012 at 12:48:19 PM
In reply to: Mary_in_TO "Peter seeing how much Simon missed Leanne"
I must have been distracted or out of the room when he came to that decision.  But they're still bickering and squabbling and Simon is still in the middle - honestly, that he can't have a burger out with his dad ("burgers are for weekends" - what the h*ll was that all about? Chips from the chippy are okay for lunch but "burgers are for weekends"?) and now, she's willing to dump everyone so she can be with Nick.  Just plain stupid, though Stella and Eva need to realize that Eva never had a chance with Nick and what small chance she had - for a convenient relationship that was never love on Nick's part - she blew with her jealousy over Kiley.  No point blaming Leanne - yes, Nick has always loved her but Eva has been the author of her own fate.

Marsha
   Reply  Top
Just heard the worst news  Actions...
Posted: by Mary_in_TO on Thu. 2 Aug., 2012 at 6:40:04 PM
In reply to: Marsha "Thanks, Mary...."
CBC will be televising the next two olympics, which means Corrie will be interrupted!!

Mary_in_TO
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »