home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

general forum
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
My granddaughter kissed her first boy  Actions...
Posted: by dreamer16 on Thu. 2 Aug., 2012 at 5:59:27 PM
My daughter took my granddaughter swimming today in their apartment building's pool, and while there, she swam over to the side of the pool (she wears a life jacket) where this boy was taking a break, hanging onto the side of the pool, and then grabbed him around the neck with both arms and gave him a great big kiss full on the lips.  This boy at first appeared stunned and then responded by kissing her back, but first, out came his tongue, and then he dove right in.  

My granddaughter is 20 months old and this boy was only slightly older. 

The women in the building are still laughing about this and calling her a good, strong "woman" -- a little aggressor, who goes after what she wants -- and they say that the boy in question was very good looking, but a little on the chunky side.  ;-)

It does start earlier and earlier now.  lol  My daughter has posted on Facebook that she'll have to start her on birth control.  ;-)

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"  Dr. Seuss

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does."  (unknown)

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."  George S. Patton

The poster formerly known as Writer Mom (stolen from Prince)  

dreamer16
edited Thu. 2 Aug., 2012 @ 6:00:59 PM by dreamer16

Reply  Top
This reminds me of when my DD was about 6  Actions...
Posted: by Seriouslyconfused on Thu. 2 Aug., 2012 at 8:17:30 PM
In reply to: dreamer16 "My granddaughter kissed her first boy"
she came in at lunch time, giggling and giggling, and I asked her what was up.  She replied that " boy at school had kissed her".  I asked her where, expecting  a "one the lips or on the cheek" reply.  She giggled again and said  " behind the garage".  I thought it was so cute.  They are friends to this day, almost 40 years later.

The retraction of ones statements cannot change the initial impact or intent of words once said.

~Jaded Queen~
Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Seriouslyconfused
   Reply  Top
I'm more surprised at the little boy! his  Actions...
Posted: by krissie on Thu. 2 Aug., 2012 at 9:20:54 PM
tongue came out and he dove right in?? LOL  Brings back memories of my daughter when she was about 6 or 7 ish. She came in the house crying after playing with friends in our yard, and said a boy kissed her and now she's going to have a baby! and she doesn't want a baby! LOL It was time for 'the talk'........

krissie
   Reply  Top
That's so funny  Actions...
Posted: by flowerpot on Thu. 2 Aug., 2012 at 11:09:46 PM
Where was the camera on video mode when you need it hey?

krissie, your story made me laugh out loud.  Imagine the over population of the world if that's all it took hey?  Har de har.

flowerpot
   Reply  Top
...  Actions...
Posted: by dreamer16 on Fri. 3 Aug., 2012 at 4:16:26 PM
I loved hearing your stories.  Thanks so much for sharing them.  It's so easy to forget sometimes how kids think at these young ages, and that's what makes these stories so cute.

In our case, my daughter will have to spend some time explaining to my gd now about appropriate and inappropriate situations for kissing.  I guess all of our kisses (goodbye) on her cheek and blowing kisses have led to this.  I expect she wanted this little boy to feel loved too, but I'm not too certain about his response, whether he felt loved in return or was hoping to get to second base.  ;-)  (just kidding)   

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"  Dr. Seuss

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does."  (unknown)

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."  George S. Patton

The poster formerly known as Writer Mom (stolen from Prince)  

dreamer16
   Reply  Top
too funny  Actions...
Posted: by Koda on Fri. 3 Aug., 2012 at 6:33:21 PM
think it was last year my daughter & I were in Michaels, there was a little girl there with her grandmother. My grandson was 'picking' her up, he followed the girl everywhere & was carrying on quite the conversation with her.

Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. — Simone Weil

Koda
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »