home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

food & recipes
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
It will be strata for my Book Club meeting on Sunday!  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Fri. 22 Jun., 2012 at 5:13:47 PM

I'm doing two.  One will be spinach and gruyere and the other will be a sausage/tomato combination.  I will make a pink champagne punch.

What would you serve as sides?

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
........  Actions...
Posted: by green_sleeves on Fri. 22 Jun., 2012 at 5:38:12 PM
In reply to: a.doll "It will be strata for my Book Club meeting on Sunday!"
I'm thinking rolls, a basic green salad or Romaine salad- here is a pretty one>

For heartier eaters maybe some deli ham/turkey rolled up and spiralled around a plate with a ramekin of party toothpicks.
Fresh fruit for the meal or later is nice, or cookies and coffee.

No need to explain: your friends don't require it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.Grin

green_sleeves
   Reply  Top
What kind of dressing  Actions...
Posted: by Nanny G on Sun. 24 Jun., 2012 at 10:11:32 PM
In reply to: green_sleeves "........"
for this beautiful salad, please.

Nanny G
   Reply  Top
didn't have the punch  Actions...
Posted: by a.doll on Sun. 24 Jun., 2012 at 4:06:24 PM
In reply to: a.doll "It will be strata for my Book Club meeting on Sunday!"

and the stratas were a hit!  They all want the recipes now.  The thing is - the sausage/tomato combination ended up being whatever I had on hand in the fridge.  Sometimes the most delicious recipes have no recipe!

We had thunder and lightening and buckets of rain so I had the woodstove glowing and candles burning and we had a great cozy time.  Just when the girls were collecting their coats and bags to leave the clouds broke up and the sun came streaming through - just like magic!

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks. ― Bob Dylan

The poster formerly known as plexy (stolen from Jack Johnson)  and before that known as sexyplexy (nickname just for fun!)  ;)

a.doll
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »