home » community » discussion forums

COMMUNITY UPDATE: Please note that as of January 1, 2014 at 1 a.m. EST these forums will no longer be supported. We encourage you to start saving any of the content you would like to keep on your personal device(s). If you have questions regarding our decision to discontinue the forums please see our FAQ

health
The forum has been marked as read.
The topic has been marked as read.
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Dislocated baby finger...  Actions...
Posted: by Smokewood on Thu. 19 Jul., 2012 at 12:17:30 PM
I fell Jul 6th and dislocated the baby finger on my right hand. Hospital x-rayed and pulled back into place. Ther is a small bone chipped but dr said ok. Splinted until I went to the fracture clinic 4 days later. Have a velcro finger bandage in place to immobilized the finger and do 3 exercises 5x daily and 10 times each. I keep bandage on 24-7 and take off to exercise. My question: very hard to bend for the exercises and hurts to do this and still looks a bit swollen - is this normal? I do have another appt at fracture clinic next Wed Jul 25th to follow up. (and NO - I am not using the baby finger to type so it basically takes me forever to type anything with frequent backspacing to correct errors-gah....).

"Smoke-gets-in-your-EYES"

Smokewood
   Reply  Top
Smokewood...  Actions...
Posted: by dreamer16 on Thu. 19 Jul., 2012 at 5:19:00 PM
In reply to: Smokewood "Dislocated baby finger..."
Call the emergency dept. or outpatient clinic, where you were last treated for this and ask their opinion about this?  If they're concerned, they'll ask you to come back in.  And, they'll have your medical record on file there, so they can look up your case (if warranted) and give a more accurate opinion about this.  

I'm crossing my fingers for you that this all turns out well for you in the end. 

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"  Dr. Seuss

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does."  (unknown)

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."  George S. Patton

The poster formerly known as Writer Mom (stolen from Prince)  

dreamer16
   Reply  Top
everything good...  Actions...
Posted: by Smokewood on Thu. 26 Jul., 2012 at 12:17:24 PM
In reply to: dreamer16 "Smokewood..."
it just takes time - could be months and need to do therapy every day to bend the finger. Thanks for posting.

"Smoke-gets-in-your-EYES"

Smokewood
   Reply  Top
...  Actions...
Posted: by dreamer16 on Fri. 27 Jul., 2012 at 6:42:30 PM
In reply to: Smokewood "everything good..."
These types of injuries are often quite miserable.  What you described seemed normal enough, but there's always the possibility of nerve damage, etc. that might have been missed in the initial assessment, so didn't want to just say that.  Hands are very important body parts so it's best not to fool around with them.  :-)  Best of luck with your therapy.  This will be difficult, but well worth the effort in the end.  That's where you'll see your best results with this type of injury.  

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"  Dr. Seuss

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does."  (unknown)

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."  George S. Patton

The poster formerly known as Writer Mom (stolen from Prince)  

dreamer16
   Reply  Top
  «   Page 1 of 1   »      New Topic  Back to the Forum
Denotes unread or updated content since your last visit.
Denotes new content since your last visit.
font size »